File your tax return faster, easier, and safer!
We are proud to offer our clients a hassle-free way to receive and review income tax returns, as well as e-sign required e-filing forms—right from your computer, tablet, or smart phone!
Using the innovative technology of SafeSend Returns, the process is user-friendly and highly secure.
- Receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to add this email address to your safe sender list to prevent missed messages in your junk or spam folder).
- Click the safe link, request access code, and enter access code received via email or text (if available) to access your return.
- Answer identity verification questions to review and complete your return.
- Electronically sign and return your e-file authorization form (8879).
This video provides an overview of the SafeSend Return client experience.
Or, follow this link for a visual guide to show the taxpayer experience from beginning to end.
Find answers to frequently answered questions below:
- What if I don’t receive an email with my access code?
Check your spam/junk email folder. You can also search your email for email@example.com. Please let us know if you don’t receive the code and we can re-send the email.
- Will this work on any internet-connected device? Does SafeSend Returns offer an app for my smartphone?
There is currently no SafeSend Returns app available, but the signature process can be completed on any computer, smartphone or tablet via a web browser.
- Will I have the option to download and print my return to retain for my records?
Yes. If you’re using a smartphone or tablet, you may not be able to download and print your return, but you will be able to review and electronically sign it. Don’t worry — you can always download and print your return from your personal computer at a later date.
- Is it safe to enter part of my Social Security Number?
Yes. SafeSend Returns offers a secure system to view and sign your e-file authorization form(s). Look for HTTPS:// at the beginning of the site URL and a locked padlock symbol in your browser’s URL bar to confirm you are on the secure site.
- Where do the identity verification questions come from? What if I don’t remember the answers?
The questions SafeSend Returns asks are knowledge-based questions pulled from government and credit sources. You may be asked questions such as where you lived in a given year, or when you bought your car or home. In the event the questions do not apply to you, simply choose the answer that accurately reflects this. If you don’t remember the answers to the questions, or you answer incorrectly, you won’t be able to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s). If you have difficulty with this process, please call our office.
- After signing my individual e-file authorization form(s), will I receive confirmation that it was successfully submitted?
Yes, once you sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will receive an email stating it was successful. The email will also include a link to download a copy of your tax return for your records.
For more frequently asked questions, please visit this link
Visit the SafeSend Returns website for more taxpayer help.